Indoor environmentThe classroom is arranged into different areas of continuous provision that are resourced with a range of equipment to stimulate children’s curiosity and learning. The adults support the children in these areas, extending their learning by modelling skills and asking open ended questions to encourage the children to think and problem solve.
The areas are enhanced regularly with different resources to maintain interest and support the development of new skills and knowledge.
We use natural materials and resources wherever possible so that children have first-hand experiences of ‘real’ objects. Some children learn better outside and so our outdoor area is available for most of the session and is well resourced to reflect the inside provision but on a bigger scale. Please see the 'Outdoors' page for more information.
- To ensure all children are given equal opportunity to achieve their full potential through an education based on their individual needs
- To scaffold and inspire children's learning with careful consideration given to their interests nurturing them in all areas of learning
- To provide each and every child with a joyful, stimulating environment which includes rich outdoor learning
- To celebrate each individual’s achievements through praise each and every day
- To encourage each individual at Parkview to care for their community and environment
- Happiness and Wellbeing – promoting a kind, positive and respectful environment
- Health and Self-worth – promoting a healthy, mindful attitude towards life for children and families
- Nurture - promoting a caring, considerate environment that supports our families
- Environment – promoting curiosity, awe and wonder at the world through stimulating, challenging activities and resources
We have a clear vision of what we want to achieve at Parkview Nursery School:
- To provide a welcoming, nurturing environment in which children feel safe to take risks
- To create an environment in which our children, families and staff feel respected and listened to
- To help all children to prepare for a bright future
Parkview Nursery School – ‘Inspiring young hearts, bodies and minds’.
8.45 to 3.30 Monday to Friday (term time only)